We provide a full sexual health screen that tests for the most common STI and STDs. You should consider having this if one of the following applies to you:
- You recently had a risky sexual incident which you are worried about.
- You have symptoms which could be a sexually transmitted disease (STD).
- You are about to start a new relationship and want to know your sexual health status.
- You just want overall peace of mind.
What is included in my STI Screen?
- Fast and accurate analysis of your samples for your chosen STIs and HIV
- Doctors Consultation if requested
- 24/7 Patient services telephone support
- 24/7 results reporting - letting you know as soon as your results are ready
- Email support
- Access to pre and post test counselling
Find out more about
When to get tested
In order to test accurately for all STDs, STIs and HIV, you need to leave a minimum window or incubation period in between any incident that you are concerned about, and the time of the test. If you test too soon, there is a possibility that the STD, STI or HIV may not show up on the test and you may test negative when you are not.
STD tests available at any time, if you have symptoms:
- Herpes I/II by swab or urine
- HPV/ genital warts if you have a suspected wart
STD tests available at any time, with or without symptoms:
- Women only: High Vaginal Swab
- Women only: Comprehensive Cervical Screen
- Women only: PAP Smear for Cervical Cancer
- Women only: HPV typed DNA (15 High Risk and 5 Low Risk HPV types)
STD tests from 10 days after any incident, with or without symptoms:
- Early Detection Screen for HIV, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C
STD tests from 14 days after any incident, with or without symptoms:
- Early Platinum (using the Early Detection Screen for HIV, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C)
- Comfort Screen (urine only)
- Peace of Mind Screen
- Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea
- Hepatitis C
STD tests from 28 days after any incident, with or without symptoms:
- Platinum Screen
- Full Screen
- Hepatitis Screen
- HIV I/II and p24 antigen HDUO test
- HIV Rapid test (results in clinic)
- Hepatitis B
- Herpes I/II
It is important that you are honest with yourself and us about your incubation period. There is no maximum period, and you do not have to be tested on an exact date once you have reached the minimum time. Most people do not have any symptoms if they have an STI or STD so it is important to test regularly.