Why use Better2Know?
- Always 100% Confidential. You do not have to give us your real name and your results are never shared without your consent.
- Fast Results. Your HIV test results will usually be available the next day
- Locations. We have testing clinics across South Africa so you will not have to travel far.
- Facilities. Our clinics are clean and modern.
- Non-Judgmental. The clinical staff is friendly and non-judgmental. We have heard it all before.
HIV Testing Options
Better2Know has a number of HIV Testing options, and it depends on how long ago you may have been exposed, as well as your own personal preference. The decision is always yours.
Like many STIs, HIV takes time before it can be accurately detected. This time between infection and accurate detection is known as the "window" or "incubation" period. There are three types of HIV test, which can detect the virus at different window periods:
- 10 Day HIV DNA PCR Test (for exposures that occurred more than 10 days ago)
- 28 Day HIV DUO Test (for exposures that occurred more than 28 days ago), a fourth generation HIV test
- 90 Day HIV Antibody Test (for exposures that occurred more than 3 months ago), a third generation HIV test
Better2Know no longer offers the 90 day test as the 28 day test does everything the 90 day test does, and more, giving you added peace of mind.
Please visit the individual test pages to find out more about each option.